Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday/Monday Report

Well, I wish I could say I did okay over the weekend, but I caved after 8:00 and ate some coconut macaroons and chocolate covered blueberries! I felt guilty and sick and bloated all night. I wish I could say it wasn't worth it, but it tasted so dang good. The bloated feeling made me feel like I'd gained back everything I've lost. So, first thing at the gym this morning, I weighed myself just to make sure and it was just a bit lower than Friday, so maybe I'm okay.

Monday Dieting & Exercise:
I did okay today. If I guessed at my dinner calories (mushroom risotto), I'd say I was around 1600 calories. I ran 1.5 miles, did a 20 minute abs class and Urban Iron weights class. I felt pretty good after.

My mother-in-law is in town and she has recently lost weight with LA Weight Loss. I really like their philosophy and I'm going to come up with an eating plan based on what she did. I think it will help me to accomplish my goal of following the food guide pyramid, since that is basically what the diet does. I will keep you updated and maybe provide some meal ideas here on my blog.

I am wanting to allow a sugar treat every once in awhile while I diet, so my body doesn't completely freak out and not know how to handle sugar in my system... I am scared of what my body is going to do once I reach my goal weight and after I allow sugar again. I'd like to say that this "no-sugar" thing is a permanent change in my lifestyle, but let's be realistic! I am going to enjoy a good treat now and then. Going without teaches me how much better I feel and reminds me to PERMANENTLY restrict it from my daily diet... but I really want to conquer my weakness of feeling like I can't stop eating junk once I start. I don't want to be forced to live an all or nothing lifestyle with sugar; I think it is impractical. So, I am trying to think of ways to build will power so I can enjoy a little treat every once in awhile. For the next couple weeks, I am going to allow one treat a week. If I find that it is too hard to keep the sugar craving out of my system, than I'm going to take it all away again. Also, I am not going to be so strict with "no sugar." If there is a healthy, whole grain cereal with more than 6 grams of sugar, I'm going to eat it (as long as it is not one of the first 3 ingredients!), also yogurt with sugar fructose... I am going to allow that. Maple syrup and natural sugars are now allowed as well. We'll see how it goes!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

i hear you on the treat thing...reality is that you are going to have treats in your life, so if you can manage them you'll be just fine. it's the daily diet that kills us or keeps us healthy. if you start substituting natural sugars like honey & real maple syrup, you'll be satisfied & not crave the junk as much...& the junk isn't bad every so often! anyway, good job!