Friday, September 12, 2008

Time to Re-Evaluate

I had my weigh-in today with Natalie and it was good... I lost a pound. I am so proud of her for loosing 2.5 pounds (good job Natalie)... In fact her success is totally motivating me!

Exercise:
- 30 minutes on the treadmill, running 1.5 miles of it (I sprinted the last quarter mile).
- I easily accomplished my jump roping goal (of 100 reps) on the first try :) ha ha! I didn't realize how much easier it would be starting from a non-cardio heartbeat (not the case when I tried it in class!). I have obviously never jump roped before, but I like it. And, after 100 jumps, my heart rate was definitely up there. So, I am increasing my goal now to 120 jumps (with no mess-ups!).
- weights and abs for 30 minutes.

Other Fitness Reports for the Day:
- I checked my body fat percentage and made an adjustment to my goals on the side bar with that as well. I'd like to get below 19% body fat.
- I also realized today that I need to be measuring inches as much as I'm measuring pounds, so added that to the goals on the side as well.

Diet:
- So far so good. I had my protein shake later in the morning, which means lunch might have to be combined with dinner (maybe that will help me cut back on some calories... I should really be tracking my calories. Maybe I'll start that soon).

3 comments:

sara said...

I just checked your blog. Way to go on the weight loss for both of you!! That's awesome!

Sarah Palfreyman said...

ali, this is great. very inspiring!

Carrie Anne said...

way to go...you are motivating me now! i'm going to join you on the no sugar thing starting tomorrow! here's to no more sugar!!! i have to do one thing at a time, though, so right now i'll focus on the no sugar & tracking calories. that's a good idea to keep track of inches...i should do that one, too. oh boy! way to go girl!