Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good Day

Today was a lot better on no sugar. I didn't feel as drained. I've had some people ask how strict I go with the "no sugar" rule. I personally go pretty strict because the only way to get the craving out of my system is to eliminate it all together. That means I don't eat anything with more than 3 grams of sugar. This includes cane sugar (organic or not), sucralose, fructose, honey, you name it. I even avoid eating carrots as much, which have more sugar in them any other vegetable. I DO eat fruit and have to say it all tastes SO much sweeter after going without the sugar!

The things I miss the most: vitamin water, protein bar, and dark chocolate covered blueberries (I pop them like little miracle energy pills!... so good!)

Today was just okay with exercise. I don't know why I thought my WORLD would change having my kids in school. By the time I drop one off and then the other, I swear it's time to pick them both up again. So, I did not work out as LONG as I would have liked, but that was my fault for sleeping past my alarm. My Bible Study group went about an hour over so that kind of took away from more work-out time I wanted. SO (I'm going to stop listing my excuses each post, I promise!)... I ran a mile on the treadmill and walked for another mile. I hope to get up to running two miles by the end of next week.

Oh! And I found a 5K that Kolby and I are going to try to run together. For any of you Clevelanders who are interested... it is in Chagrin Falls on Saturday, Sept. 27. Here is the link for more information:

Karen Scheer Memorial Run
Saturday, September 27, 2008—8:30 am
Distance: 4 Mile/ 1.5 Mile
Location: Chagrin Falls, OH
Contact: HMA Promotions 216-752-5151

www.hmapromotions.net

3 comments:

sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sara said...

Dang--I would totally do that with you, but I have a bad knee and it takes me a while to work up to the amount I want to go. I'm only at 2 miles. I'm sure I wouldn't get to 4 by two weeks from now. Maybe in October...

Dane and Natalie said...

You're awesome, Ali! I am excited to weigh in on Friday (I think).