Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Withdrawal Headaches, Good Work Out

Today was a good day. I got up at 5:30 to make it to the 6:00 class at the gym. I really worked hard and won't be surprised if I'm a bit sore tomorrow. I also walked Jaxson to and from school which is a good little bit of exercise.

Eating went well, except that rather than find something to appease my appetite, I chose to neglect it, which did not help the sugar withdrawal headache that hit me around 3:00p.m. I stocked up on fresh veges today - a quick snack throughout the day when I have sugar cravings. And, I decided that diet coke is allowed during this time of sugar famine.

TIP: nuts and cheese are great little appetite suppressors (for me anyway... it may or may not be FACT)

4 comments:

Dane and Natalie said...

Way to go! Love the blog - alot. I am with you on the neglect thing. I think that's a great idea to stock up on nuts. They are quick and easy and then your blood sugar doesn't drop so bad. Let me know when you are going to Trader Joe's and I will stock up with you!

Carrie Anne said...

are you still awake? oh i wish i wasn't so tired so early in the mornings these days & I was working out with you! i have some great crispy almonds & crispy pecans recipes when you're sick of eating them plain...they are so yummmmmmy! good for you! i'll be your biggest cheerleader. i know, diet coke HAS to be allowed when you are cutting out sugar...otherwise it is so hard! are you doing splenda instead of sugar or cutting that out too? what about honey as a natural sweetener? just wondering b/c i want to know how it works.:) i have some great muffin recipes with whole wheat & i replace the sugar with honey or pure maple syrup. anyway, good for you!!!! way to go!

Carrie Anne said...

ps-i should join you on the no sugar thing! ugh!

sara said...

Love the blog. What a great way to document it all. Are you guys weighing in at the gym? Way to go for getting up early. Hey--do you have a 5k that you are shooting for? If so, let me know. I need a goal too. I was looking for one around here that is not on sunday.