Tuesday, September 16, 2008

High Fructose Corn Syrup and MSG

I may have mentioned before that Kolby and I are trying to eliminate as much, if not all, high fructose corn syrup and msg out of our diets. Well, I found out that the bread that we eat has high fructose corn syrup in it. In fact MOST breads do, 100% whole wheat or not! I am really bugged, because I thought I had eliminated it completely from our diets. Not like I eat a lot of bread, but still. So, I went out and bought Brownberry bread today (one of the few that does not have it).

It is a good reminder to me that I need to continually check the labels! This can be hard to do seeing as how msg can hide under 25 different names including "spices" and "natural flavoring." I will post a list of all the names msg can hide under soon.

On that note, I have copied a great article about msg over to yet ANOTHER blog. This one will be a place that I post interesting facts, articles, or just MY opinions about certain things. Check out this article which relates how a scientist used msg to create a new strain of mice/rats... an OBESE strain (since no strain of mice or rats is naturally obese). His research is going toward a book he is writing called, "The Slow Poisoning of America."
http://alissoapbox.blogspot.com/2008/09/truth-about-msg.html

No comments: