Friday, September 19, 2008

SUCCESS

Well, I will report on today and yesterday...

YESTERDAY:
Calorie Total: 1450
Exercise: Urban Iron Weights class
Ran one mile

TODAY:
I had my weekly weigh in with Natalie and I LOST 3 POUNDS!!! I don't think I have ever lost 3 pounds in one week... EVER! It goes to show that counting calories works! Is it hard? Yes! Do I feel hungry? Yes! But it helps me be more conscious of what I'm putting in my mouth, AND to make whatever I eat COUNT both substance-wise (staying full) and nutrition-wise. My other success is that I have lost another inch off my waist (total of two inches since the beginning of summer).
Total weight loss for me so far: 8 pounds
(also since the beginning of summer)

Kolby also realized great success today. We measured him and found that since the beginning of summer, he has lost:
4 inches off his chest
5.5 inches off his waist
4 inches off his hips
Total weight loss for Kolby: 18 pounds!
(next week, he may officially be below 200!)

* Can I just add a side-note saying that it stinks how easy guys can lose weight? Kolby allows himself one treat every day (and sometimes more). He is enjoying some of my favorite treats on a daily basis, including: trader joes - chocolate raisins, blueberries, grahams, almonds and coconut!

Okay, off my rant (I really am proud of you honey). For exercise today, I did an hour "triple-fit" class and en went back to turbo kickboxing (SO FUN!  Carrie, I see why you like Turbo Jam so much!) 

I am SURE I went over my calories today.  I was at 1000 calories by 9:00 p.m., but hadn't eaten dinner yet and was STARVING!  My evening was kind of thrown off by the evening kickboxing class I went to.  So, we did PF Chang's take-out and I am sure I ate 1000 calories.  I am so full right now (a feeling I haven't felt in a long while).  But, I am justifying somewhat the fact that I worked out for two hours (is that justifiable?)  Anyway, hopefully I'll control the diet better tomorrow!

2 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

WAY TO GO!!!!!! I'm so glad you are a Turbo Jam fan now! It is so much fun I think! Seeing how you have measured your inches...I'm thinking I should measure myself, too. That's a really good idea! What do you measure, etc?
I know the calories thing is the best thing! That's really when you start to see results! This is so motivating, so thank you!

Keersten said...

You are so awesome! Pamela just recommended a book called the F-factor diet by Tanya Zuckerbrot. It really focuses on getting enough fiber (along with protein and good carbs.) I think you might find some good recipes in it. I am so impressed with how hard you are working. I want to join you as soon as I get this surgery out of the way. Keep up the good work!