Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Willpower is HARD!

I did well yesterday. My biggest success was NOT caving on sugar, since ALL I could think about was giving in. I literally walked into the kitchen 5 or 6 times to grab some chocolate, but turned around and walked out. Willpower is a hard thing!

I went to an early morning triple fit class, but wasn't able to get any weights in. I will get more weight training tomorrow (I'd like to do weights three times a week to work on building muscle as much as building up my cardio).

Today is okay so far. I slept in and only had time to run a mile before running off to journal writing at Jaxson's school. But, I did crank up the speed and ran it a minute faster than I normally do, so that was good.

I am nervous that I won't lose on Friday since I am allowing the extra calories, but we'll see. My mother-in-law said that to burn 1 lb a week, you need to burn twice as many calories as you consume. So, for her, she did a 1200 calorie diet and burned roughly 2400 calories a day. Also, she has a great way to slowly go back to a maintenance diet (which takes 4-6 weeks). I will share the details later.

I have a ways to go before I think about that, however... 10 more lbs! My goal is to have it off in 10 weeks! That puts me at December 15 (roughly).

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

i am interested in zee zee's info...that is awesome! i want to do more weights, too, but it's hard right now...i feel like i'm doing all i can as it is, but adding weights would be really good...maybe next week i can come up with something..or the week after...one thing at a time right now for me! thanks for motivating me!!!!!!!!
way to go on not giving in on the sugar! i know it's hard but you can do it!!