Saturday, October 18, 2008

I met my 5K GOAL!

Kolby was such a good husband to me today! Weeks ago I asked if he'd run a 5K with me and he graciously said he would. So, I started to "train." I know it is a shorter distance run, but I am NOT a runner and can't just pick up and run more than a mile. So, I've been adding a couple miles of running into my work-outs each day and did several 5K's this last week to get ready. Kolby's enthusiasm for the race was apparent by his preparation... NONE! On the way to the race, he reminded me that he could have been playing flag football at that moment, but that he loved me enough to miss. I (half-way) doubted how Kolby would do having not incorporated running into his workouts each day, but don't worry, he not only ran the whole thing just fine, he set the pace for me and helped me to run it well under my goal time! He keeps reminding me that I "won" because I sprinted at the end, even though it was just seconds ahead of him. Whatever, we "won" it together because he is AWESOME! Oh, I should mention that he DID walk away with blisters from his "running" shoes (weird and frustrating since they've never bothered him before... the mean side of me says "he deserves it!")

Anyway, it was fun! We ran with some friends, Holley, Stacey, and Justin (& their cute little boy Jack who worked pretty hard in his stroller. He was our cheerleader behind us the whole way!) It makes me want to run more races, nothing big, maybe a 10K in the next year. I don't think Kolby will be joining me, however. He can stick with his P90X and weight lifting! So, it was fun while it lasted! (THANKS HONEY!)

No comments: