Saturday, October 18, 2008

GOOD WEEK!

I haven't been "reporting in" on my blog as often as I used to, but I AM still plugging away with this diet. This last week was good. I kept the mindset of no sugar, but did eat one treat 4 of the 7 days. But I was able to stop and not binge, which is a success for me. I worked out 6 days, didn't ever eat after 8:00 and just kind of plugged away. I did go over on calories; I probably averaged 1700-1800 each day. The fact that I still FELT hungry though, told me I was okay. I wonder if my body is requiring more with 'fat-to-muscle-conversion.' Hopefully that IS the case.

Here are the results of my week:
- LOST 1.5 pounds
- Lost 1 inch off my thighs! (that has occurred over several weeks, I just haven't reported it)
- Lost 1/2 inch off my waist
- HIT my target body fat %!
- Met my 5K goal!

I realize that I am going at a slow rate with this diet, averaging 1 lb of weight loss a week, but, I think maybe it is good to prolong this lifestyle because it is making me more and more committed to monitoring my daily diet and exercise even after I hit my target weight. I think with the ups and downs I have had in the past, that this is the FIRST time I have felt EXCITED, PASSIONATE, and COMMITTED to living a healthy lifestyle. The way I FEEL is completely worth it. I still have a little ways to go to meet me target goal, but this is the closest I've been to my pre-pregnancy weight in nearly 6 years and I feel like I'm in better shape than I was back then. Kolby has mentioned that is is kind of weird how I am working so hard to lose this "pre-pregnancy weight" when I'm probably just going to turn around and get pregnant (hopefully... cross your fingers it will happen when we want), but I feel really good knowing that I will be in a healthier state and that I will be at a better starting point. The ups and downs of weight is just part of being a mother. It's just that THIS time, I am hoping to be smart about the gain so that I won't carry the extra weight around for years!

2 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

way to go!!!!!! thanks for motivating me! i love that both of us are online right now...you should be in bed!:)

sara said...

Wow! Way to go! You keep me motivated. Now--where did you get that swimsuit on clearance?