Monday, October 13, 2008

Best Weekend in a long time...

I am happy to report that I had a sugar free weekend and that I worked out on Saturday (even if it was 1.5 miles at 10:30 at night).  The last couple days of success have been encouraging to me.  I think I am ending up with around 1500 calories each day.  We usually make dinner and it's always hard to track calories with home cooked meals.  

Here is the report for today (so far)
Ran 3 miles (gearing up for my 5K this weekend!)
20 minute abs class
hour long weights class
It is 4:00 and I am at 1050 calories.  
(I will report back later on my final calorie count).

** I have to give a SHOUT out to my support group!  I was a little discouraged after not losing much last week, but I have to say that the psychi of this little support group (between me and my three friends Natalie, Carrie and Sara) has helped me SO much!  They each had great weight loss and I realize that when they have good days, it makes ME  want to have a good day.  I also realize that when I hear of one of them eating something with sugar, I WANT to eat something with sugar.  I started feeling guilty and wondering if the sugar rampage I was on for a couple weeks negatively affected them.  I am using this as motivation to NOT give in.  I tell myself, "this does not affect JUST me, if affects THEM too."  So, thank you girls for helping me (as I said in my email, I would NOT have gotten on that treadmill Saturday night if I didn't have YOU to account to!)  

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

i feel the same way...if you guys don't do sugar then i am less likely to do so! amazing isn't it? i think i am going to go & do a short turbo jam video just to get my mind off the treats that i want! and to work off some more of the weekend. tracking dinner calories is difficult for me, too...even if i program a recipe...it's still not completely accurate, you know? way to go on a great weekend & new week!!!! you are inspiring me, too!!!!:) thank you!