Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Lesson Learned

I'm sure I have already learned the lesson of NOT setting unrealistic goals. But apparently I need to learn it again! I really thought I'd be able to "report EVERY day" this holiday month. I knew how important it is for me TO report since I always do so much better on those days. But, when it really comes down to it... IT IS SO HARD! Especially being away and with family. So, I am with Carrie, I am officially on vacation mode and OH how lovely are the treats! I am positive I will have gained a few pounds by the end of our two week vacation, but I have now proven to myself that I can focus and get back to a schedule. I KNOW I can lose it again! I have not weighed myself, but I am planning on weighing in tomorrow to help scare me/motivate me to not go overboard. I have about 6 weeks until Hawaii and I REALLY want to make my goal! The last two months have been rough and I never thought that the last 5 pounds would be SO HARD (it will probably be 7-8 pounds by the time I get back in town). I DO feel happy that I have been able to maintain my previous weight loss for as long as I have. It feels good to be able to enjoy it for awhile.

So, I will try to report a couple times a week on how I'm doing. Here is a breif report of the last week:

EXERCISE:
3 of 7 days

WATER:
drinking as much as I can. No diet coke

DIET:
lots of yummy treats. Trying to keep my portions small and not going back for seconds.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Dane and Natalie said...

Hey...even THINKING about it while you are away is a step in the right direction. I lose all focus and I revert right back into old habits the second I get back to Utah so good job on keeping some focus. We will have to go on some gym dates before I leave. We can really push each other and get some good workouts in!

tonia said...

This is a good Idea I'm going to start a weight blog too