Friday, November 21, 2008

SUCCESS!

Today was weigh in and I did not expect to lose much because, whether I've admitted it or not, I have pretty much allowed treats back into my diet.  I shouldn't because those calories spent on chocolate would be so much better for my body if acquired by eating vegetables!... something I NEED to start eating more of.  Anyway, despite my expectations, I lost... drum roll... 2.4 lbs!  I give full credit to weight lifting and boosting my metabolism by lowering my body fat.  I think it is totally true that the more muscle you have, the more your body is burning, even when sitting around doing nothing!  Anyway, here are the rest of my stats for the day:

BMI - down .1
% body fat - down .2
Weight loss - 2.4 lbs
waist - down .5
hips - down .5
thighs - down .25
arms - still the same as when I started this diet months ago!  Why is that?

EXERCISE:
45 minutes triple fit (interval) class
20 minutes speed walking on treadmill
5 minutes leg weights

DIET:
ZONE protein bar - 200
(I will report the rest of my eating at the end of the day)

I HOPE EVERYONE ELSE HAD A GOOD WEIGH-IN FRIDAY!  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

3 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

way to go! okay..that motivates me to keep on doing the weights...that's probably the most important! have a great weekend!

Dane and Natalie said...

Holy crap. Do you know how impossible it is to lose 2.5 lbs in a week when you have barely anything to lose!?!? You are so awesome! Did that help your weekend at all? It seems like the weigh in effects my weekend so much. I need to get over that or I will never get off this roller coaster. Good job.

Shan said...

You seriously are amazing. I am trying but my goodness not as much as you!! I have dropped some pounds but I have so many to go I think the key for me is to get back to going to the gym so I'm looking into that today. Congrats on you success.