Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday Report

DIET:
Banana - 170
yogurt - 120
cereal - 200
open face tuna - 260
trader joes cheetos - 130
turkey burger with cheese - 450
potato chips - 150
TOTAL = 1480

EXERCISE:
An hour on legs and back (pull-ups baby!)
20 minute P90X ABS!

Good day but Kolby and I talked today about how we tend to eat the same meals for breakfast and lunch... for me that means repeated protein drinks, yogurt, cereal, and tuna. Although I know it is all good for me, we talked about trying to switch things up and have more variety in our diets. P90X has a link to "Michi's Ladder" which ranks foods by nutritional value. Check it out HERE

Speaking of repeated meals. Can I just mention my new favorite... I highly recommend trying this one for breakfast:The small carton of yogurt (blueberry is my favorite). The plain yogurt is better for you though; sweeten it with splenda or maple syrup.
I mix a cup of GO LEAN cereal with my yogurt and add just a touch of skim milk. It is so good! The calories end up being the same as my protein drinks and I get the same amount of protein - 16 grams. Plus 8 grams of fiber. The sugar is a little high, but it is organic (on my "strict" no sugar diet, I would not allow this). The reason I like it so much is that it satisfies me longer. I am REALLY full until lunch and don't feel the need to snack before the next meal. I'm telling you, you HAVE to try it!

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

thank you for the breakfast idea...i feel like i get into the same old routines, too. my friend said it's good to mix it up so your body doesn't get "stuck" in the same old thing..expecting the same things. way to go!