Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Weigh In

THE BIG DAY!  Today was weigh in and I am actually happy to report that I lost .7 lbs (happy after Kolby's pep talk!)  The thing I am MOST happy about is losing .5% of body fat which means that I have officially met my goal for getting under 17%!  I have also lost 1/2 inch off my hips and a 1/4 inch off my thigh.  It is crazy how SLOW BMI takes to get down.  My first BMI test was on Sept 22 and it has taken me almost two months to get it to drop 1.0 point.  So, overall I am happy.  Kolby keeps reminding me that I need to stop obsessing over a "number" that I want to reach, weight-wise, because my body is different now than it was 8 years ago - I'm older, I've had two kids, I am actually MORE active now than I was back then, so my % of body fat is much different.  Regardless, although I am CLOSE to where I want to be, I am going to keep plugging along to see if I can lose a few more pounds.  

I should mention also that Kolby has dropped two pounds in the last couple weeks (he weighed after doing plyometrics and I think he sweated about a gallon of water, so I don't know if that affected it at all).  He is going to come into the gym this month to do weigh on a REAL scale and test his BMI and Body Fat.  

So, here is my  report for the day!  
DIET:
banana - 150
graham cracker - 60
Go Lean Cereal - 200
Milk - 40
Yogurt - 120
two bites of kids sloppy joe sandwiches - 60 
strawberries - 15
orange juice - 110
ZONE protein bar - 200
coconut shrimp - 400?
bread - 100
Caesar side salad - 600
sirloin medley - 500?
Diet Coke - 0 
TOTAL - 2555 (that's what I get for EATING OUT!)  

EXERCISE:
45 minutes of speed walking (3 miles)
15 minutes abs

I forgot how GREAT speed walking is.  I used to do it a lot because I heard that it "elongates" the muscles rather than bulks them up like running does.  I won't be surprised if my butt is a little sore tomorrow.  I raised the incline which helps get the heart rate up.  I'm going to try to do this maybe once a week.  I felt great afterward!

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

way to go ali! i need to figure out my BMI & body fat % stuff b/c i really want my body fat % to be lower...it needs to be lower! kolby is right...you're doing awesome & losing the fat is WAY better than the pound #s b/c muscle is heavier than fat....better to have muscle than fat! so keep it up girl!