Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday's Report

Okay, I am going to be VERY honest with this blog (it's the only way I can honestly account for my goals, even though I am embarrassed to admit some things!) From everything I've read, I should have gained an average of 5-7 pounds by now in my pregnancy. I have gained 11! I would be fine with the weight gain if I knew I had been eating smart, but I have given in to JUNK way too much. The best way for me to be sure to get the "NUTRITIOUS" foods is to eliminate the overall calories, because then I know I have to make them count! So, I am going to try to stay around 2000 a day this next week. Since I DO feel more hungry being pregnant, I am going to have to be very careful about eating good whole grain carbs and protein. I read an entire article talking about what foods make you feel full and satisfied the longest. Some people think that carbs in general will help you "feel" full; but that is not good enough, they have to to be 'WHOLE GRAIN." The other key for me is to NOT eat past 8pm. So, I am going to report on how I do with that each day along with my diet, water and exercise.

The biggest problem today was the fact that we have NOT given up our traditional Sunday baking with the kids that started during Christmas. It is so hard when they get so excited about it. Jaxson talks all the time about how HE is going to do the same thing with HIS kids when he is a dad! Man, I need to build up my willpower!

DIET:
protein shake - 350
open face tuna sandwich with cheese - 320
chips - 100?
edemame - 100?
5 chocolate chips cookies - 640!!!
milk - 110
turkey meatloaf - 140
risotto - 100
peas - 80
chocolate chip cookie - 160
milk - 110
TOTAL: 2300

No comments: