Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ode to Hawaii

Well, since Hawaii was such a great motivation for me to lose weight and get into shape, I feel a desire to give tribute to the wonderful place we enjoyed for a week.

Dear Kuaui,
Thank you for keeping me focused on my goals for so many months. There were so many times that I reached for that oh-so-tempting dessert and turned it down because of you. Because of you motivating me to be in shape, I was able to enjoy your rugged beauty. I had the strength to kayak the Wailea River with ease. Hiking up the muddy trails to Secret Falls offered a challenge I was able to tackle while keeping my head up to enjoy the beauty. I had the strength to hold onto that rope swing at Kipu Falls and experience an exuberant adrenaline rush. So, thank you Kuaui! Thank you being there to help me reach my goals and enjoy memories that will last a life time!

Until Next Time...
Alison

Well, with that, I thought I'd post a few pictures. I didn't get any cute bathing suit shots like Natalie did on her trip to Mexico (you seriously look like a model Natalie!) But, here are a few good ones that I do have...Kolby and I on our hike up to Secret Falls
Me at my favorite beach (with a soaking wet skirt... I obviously got a little too deep in the waves)
Kolby and I at a Luau
Enjoying the sound of the water below the nets of the Catamaran that took us out a whale watching excursion. Being pregnant, I was lucky to get sick only ONCE (which was NOT the case for many other tourists aboard!)
Me at Secret Falls

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

awesome pics, ali! i checked this blog & your other yesterday but didn't get a chance to comment! i love the exclusive inside scoop!:) that was the cutest thing with jax that morning! loved your email too...sorry i haven't emailed back yet! i miss you tons! i love that you are prego & your goals are awesome! staying in shape while you are pregnant will help you so much! i felt really good most of the time when i was pregnant & could've gained so much more weight! you're so good to be so motivated & now i cannot wait to see this cute babe when it comes out! and see you pregnant! so fun! now i need to go to hawaii!:)