Sunday, May 10, 2009

A New Week!

I always feel a breath of fresh air when I know that a NEW week is beginning. The MOST important part of the day for me is MORNING. If I can make a smart choice with my breakfast and get LOTS of water in at the beginning of the day, I tend to do so much better throughout the whole day. So, that is my goal for tomorrow.

To report on my "no sugar" goal... I am still working on eliminating it. I have not done "great," but I've been better. My friend Sara suggested that rather than take it out all together, designate HOW often I eat it and make it "special." Although I do so much better with it out of my system, I am thinking that maybe her idea is best for me right now. Especially since it takes a good two weeks of NO sugar whatsoever to get the cravings out of my system. It is so hard to go that long and then once you get there, to keep it going! So, yesterday, we were out with the kids ALL day and bribed them with cold stone ice cream (which I haven't had in probably 5 years); I ate some. Then of course today with Mother's Day, I had LOTS of goodies. I don't want to feel guilty and miserable eating it and I know that I won't it I do make it "special" (meaning no junk binge every day)!

Anyway, I am really happy to have found that spinning is working very well for me. It is the only thing I can do where I don't cramp up (even walking caused cramping lately). It worry that I am going to bulk up my legs, but hopefully not if I do that 2 days a week and perhaps speed walk 2 days or so.

So, until tomorrow...

2 comments:

S. Schuller said...

I know what you mean about eating alot of treats yesterday. I haven't been doing as well as I'd like on the sugar thing, but you are doing great. It's so hard knowing when to indulge and when to just forego the dessert. I would eat dessert 3x a day if I could. Let me know if you find something that works well for you. You are a superwoman.

Carrie Anne said...

way to go!!! you're doing great, so keep it up!